LMR Poultry Brine
LMR DRY TURKEY BRINE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Remove any gizzards from the bird and dry with paper towels.
2. Rub your poultry with the dry brine, including just a bit of the brine rub under the skin. Use 1 teaspoon of rub per pound of bird.
3. Lightly cover the bird and let it rest in the refrigerator overnight (at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours).
4. Before cooking, rinse off any salt on the surface of the bird or just wipe off with a paper towel.
5. Stuff the cavity with fresh herbs, carrots, celery, shallots and lemon. Tie the legs together with kitchen twine.
6. Put the bird breast-side up on a rack, set in a roasting pan and tuck the wings under the body. Let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
7. Pour 1c. Dry white wine over the bird and brush all over with melted butter.
8. Roast at 350*F, basting every 30 minutes and adding more water to the pan as needed, until the bird is 165 degrees in the thick part of the breast or thigh (if cooking the whole bird).
9. Let rest at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Reserve the drippings for gravy.